top of page

How do I know if I'm a candidate for SCS?


Patients having chronic pain (greater than 6 months) who do not respond to other therapies (such as medications, physical therapy, and surgery) may be a candidate for SCS. A physician (such as a physiatrist, anesthesiologist, neurosurgeon, or orthopedic spine surgeon) versed in spinal cord stimulation can conduct an evaluation of the patient history, physical examination, laboratory and radiographic findings. Most insurers also require a psychological evaluation. These findings can then be submitted to the payor for preauthorization.

bottom of page